• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quicktime Reference in Adobe CC 2017

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I´ve updated Adobe CC2016 to adobe CC2017.
Now there is one big Problem.

I want to sent my Avid MC sequnze to After Effects CC 2017 and i want to use a Quicktime Reference.
But After Effects couldn´t import the File 86§1
In CC 2016 there was no Problem with this workflow.

Could someone Help me?

Jannik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jannik,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I want to sent my Avid MC sequnze to After Effects CC 2017 and i want to use a Quicktime Reference.

But After Effects couldn´t import the File 86§1
In CC 2016 there was no Problem with this workflow.

First of all, there is no such thing as After Effects CC 2016 to my knowledge. You were likely using one of the CC 2015 versions, of which there are a number of different versions.

I can speculate. My guess is that you probably are a Windows user and:

1. You were using a version of CC 2015 that still relied on QuickTime.
  2. You uninstalled/reinstalled QuickTime without the Player because of the security warning from the U.S. government. However, QuickTime Libraries from Apple were still installed.
  3. You installed After Effects CC 2017 which, by default, uninstalls previous versions of After Effects—unless you enable a preference that is hidden from view (sorry, not my decision).
  4. Uninstalling this previous version of After Effects also wiped out the QuickTime Libraries along with it.
  5. The new version of After Effects comes with custom QuickTime Libraries written by Adobe engineering with some codecs (very few, actually) that might not be included in Apple's previous version of these libraries.

You may want to reinstall the previous version you had if this functionality was very important to you. Some, apparently, have moved on and simply use the DNxHD and other codecs for moving projects from system to system. Unfortunately, this appears to be yet another reason why you would want to leave both these versions of After Effects installed.

Let me know if this discussion helped you at all and let me know if there's anything further I can do to get you back on track. Most certainly, file a bug so that we can support your workflow in the future.

Kind regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey
Thanks for your quick reply

Oh sorry my mistake. I mean cc2015.
Yes I use Windows 7

Currently I use cc2017 since I have updated cc2015. In the update he has deleted the old cc2015 version.
I have tried to reinstall Quicktime, but unfortunately without success.
Furthermore, I also installed the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack also without success.

My problem is that we use the Quicktime Reference in the company to send data to After Effects. Without the Quicktime Reference our projects become too big. Therefore we send the cut sequence from the Avid MC to After Effects to pack it into a prescribed design.

Is there no way to teach After Effects cc2017 the required codec for Quicktime Reference?

If not, is there a possibility with which I can save the cc2017 projects compatible for cc 2015?

Kind regards, Jannik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there Jannik,

Certain posts can get by me once in awhile. Sorry for not responding much sooner.

In the update he has deleted the old cc2015 version.
I have tried to reinstall Quicktime, but unfortunately without success.

Check out the directions from our resident expert, Szalam: Re: pc users should uninstall quicktime for windows asap

I hope that helps you get the proper components reinstalled for your workflow.

Furthermore, I also installed the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack also without success.

It is not recommended to install the K-Lite codec packs. Sorry.

Is there no way to teach After Effects cc2017 the required codec for Quicktime Reference?

Please file a bug with the team here.

If not, is there a possibility with which I can save the cc2017 projects compatible for cc 2015?

Not directly, but you could try exporting a FCP XML from the current version of Premiere Pro to a previous one and see how that works. Please let us know if you need help with that or any other item you have questions about.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines