• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option [ deactivate?

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to I de-activate "Option [" and "Command [" ? I can't find these keyboard shortcuts to turn them off.

Alternatively, can I re-assign them to mimic the function of just the "[" keys (used for adjusting the brush size)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

For the Mac, you can go into Apple System Preferences > Keyboard and click on the Shortcuts tab.

If you assign Option [ for example to a function in the list, it should "trap" that shortcut so it can't be used in Photoshop.

If you don't want Opt [ to even bring up the function, uncheck it.

So I think that should work for Opt + [/] and Command + [/]

Extra tip:

Cmd + Spacebar brings up Spotlight on the Mac, disabling Cmd + Spacebar as the Photoshop Zoom In shortcut. By changing the default Spotlight sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i know, you can't disable or reassign option or command keys in photoshop.

Most all the shortcuts in photoshop use one of those keys, so disabling them would render a majority of photoshop's keyboard shortcuts inoperative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the OP want to disable only Opt + [/] and Ctrl + [/]. That said, I don't recall any way to reassign or disable them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Benjamin, I want to disable or re-assign Opt + [/] and Command + [/]. If any one has suggestions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Mac, you can go into Apple System Preferences > Keyboard and click on the Shortcuts tab.

If you assign Option [ for example to a function in the list, it should "trap" that shortcut so it can't be used in Photoshop.

If you don't want Opt [ to even bring up the function, uncheck it.

So I think that should work for Opt + [/] and Command + [/]

Extra tip:

Cmd + Spacebar brings up Spotlight on the Mac, disabling Cmd + Spacebar as the Photoshop Zoom In shortcut. By changing the default Spotlight shortcut In Apple Keyboard Preferences, it will enable it as a Zoom In shortcut again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, gener7!

That did work for Cmd + [/], but for some reason it does not work for Opt + [/].

So I'm still interested in hearing other suggestions/thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking into it further, you can trap the Option [ / ] keys in the Mac, but if you uncheck the function, it goes back to Photoshop.

You would have to look at the functions and see if you can assign it to something that won't be a problem if active.

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 7.22.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right you are.

Thanks for catching that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines