• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Develop changed image UPON START UP

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to lightroom and just downloaded the free trial.  At this time I am already frustrated with the program and my free trial is quickly dwindling.  I imported a variety of photos and moved through the Library menu just fine. I proceeded to the Develop phase and upon clicking the Develop button my photo changes.  This is done with any photo I enter into the develop phase.  Please keep in mind this is BEFORE i edit the picture.  The program seems to be doing it on its own.  I have restarted, cleared photos and imported different ones and still the same result.  Below is a screen shot of what I am getting.  Has anyone had this before?  Can you lend some knowledge to a newbie?  It is much appreciated as I have heard good things about Lightroom.  Again, my free trial is going quickly and I would like to attempt to develop pictures to see if I would like to purchase this program.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

That is almost certainly the graphics card acting up on a windows machine. Make sure you have the latest driver installed for your card and if that doesn't help, make absolutely sure graphics card acceleration is turned off. It can also be a bad monitor profile as already mentioned but it appears you tested that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A common suggestion to fix-

Open the Preferences (Ctrl+,) Click the Performance tab, and remove a check-mark from the option- [Use Graphics Processor]

Restart Lightroom.

ScreenShot144.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply but this did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next suggestion-

Check your monitor profile-  https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

I am also curious- How did you get that Yellow-Green background in the Develop module?  (My options are White to Black)

This may also be an indication something is not right with the monitor profile.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thank you for the reply but little has changed.  I have went through both steps listed above and no luck.  Below is the current result.  The first picture is the "Library Tab"  the second picture is the "Develop Tab."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is almost certainly the graphics card acting up on a windows machine. Make sure you have the latest driver installed for your card and if that doesn't help, make absolutely sure graphics card acceleration is turned off. It can also be a bad monitor profile as already mentioned but it appears you tested that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines