• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I morph two different clip in After Effects?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have two hand-drawn silhouette animation with transparent background. I rendered them from Premiere Pro. One of them is a running cat  and the other one is a flying bird. I would like to make the cat to morph into the bird but it's important that both of them are moving so I'm not sure if mask works here. How can I make it? By the way both of the animations are .mov files but I can change it if it's necessary. Ugly deformations are OK, too, because they are silhouettes so It's not important to follow shapes and linearts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Unless you plan on spending money on third-party morphing plug-ins, your best bet would be to re-trace the animation as masks/ shape layer paths and "morph" by animating the shapes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you plan on spending money on third-party morphing plug-ins, your best bet would be to re-trace the animation as masks/ shape layer paths and "morph" by animating the shapes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Animated paths are the best way to morph shapes if you have time. But there is also 'reshape' which use the mask.  It works quite well on photos as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines