Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set up page as landscape 576 x 1152 pt

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to set the page size up as 8inch height by 16 inch width (so according to google conversion - 576 x 1152 pts, correct me if this is wrong!).

When I input the custom size, it flips the values and won't stay as a landscape layout, it only seems to set the page as portrait.

What am I doing wrong? How would I set this up otherwise? It just for a photo book (8x8inch) layout.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Hmmm. I can see you are using the Touch workspace on Windows. I just pulled out my Surface and had the exact same result. That's not normal!

So, click on Touch in the top right corner of your screen and change the workspace to Essentials. Then try File > New and it should work as expected.

And consider reporting your experience to Adobe!

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

yep, I set it to landscape, but then the numbers that I put in the width and height values automatically swap. then when I click on portrait they swap back. Wait does that make sense? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to worry about picking Landscape—just put the larger number in the for width, and the smaller for the height and you will be given landscape automatically (1152 pt x 576 pt). Turn preview on the lower left corner of the dialog box and you can see it in the background prior to clicking on OK. (And yes, those are the points equivalent of 16" x 8").

InDesign CCss_006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this, and then when I hit ok it looks like the image below. How do I get it to actually be on the side? :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I can see you are using the Touch workspace on Windows. I just pulled out my Surface and had the exact same result. That's not normal!

So, click on Touch in the top right corner of your screen and change the workspace to Essentials. Then try File > New and it should work as expected.

And consider reporting your experience to Adobe!

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this worked! Thank you Barb! Do adobe monitor this? what a strange error.

(happy_97, I tried all number of things but it would flip it around and then the doc would always be in portrait).

Solved now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I've never seen it. But I don't use the touch workspace.  Once past that point, I'd imagine you can safely returned to the touch workspace If you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

The first number is the width and the second number is the height.

The reason it is displaying as portrait is because you and inserting the smaller number in the width and the larger number for the height. If you reverse this by inserting the larger number in the width and the smaller number in the height, you will get a landscaped file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines