• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pupils aren't tracking with camera nor mouse

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 10.12.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-02 at 10.21.00 PM.pngI've been playing around in Character Animator for months now, I was just thinking I finally got a hand on things. So this is Tati. My plan is to use this character for a channel where I cover football news. She is the first character I created where I use the head turner and have side profiles, but this is also the first one where the eyes don't track at all. She won't even blink. Lips sync perfectly, the draggables work, everything pinned. It's just the eyes won't track. I think the tags look right. I clicked on the pupil in the second screenshot to see. Is it because I have side profiles? I really wanted to use the Funkenstein puppet as a reference but it doesn't appear to be in the free puppet files any more. Any Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

First off - awesome puppet!

Is "Main" tagged as Frontal and "Left Turn" & "Right Turn" tagged as Left & Right Profile? CH by default looks for a different view for each head position, so tagging may help give it the logic it's looking for.

I also noted you have a layer called "Head" inside your Main group - make sure that isn't tagged as "Head" too because that can throw things off.

Funkenstein is still available if you dig into the start here assets folders, there should be several versions of her

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off - awesome puppet!

Is "Main" tagged as Frontal and "Left Turn" & "Right Turn" tagged as Left & Right Profile? CH by default looks for a different view for each head position, so tagging may help give it the logic it's looking for.

I also noted you have a layer called "Head" inside your Main group - make sure that isn't tagged as "Head" too because that can throw things off.

Funkenstein is still available if you dig into the start here assets folders, there should be several versions of her tucked away in there. Wendigo and others here also have head turns to check out: Character Animator Examples

Hopefully something here helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. It was the second head tag!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines