• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No .indd files will open

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with CS5.5. ANY indd file I try to open will not open. I get a framework of InDesign information, but no file. If I try to do anything on the usual toolbars, nothing happens because it does not have an open file. If I try to open the file again, SOMETIMES I get an "open in another program." However, it does not say what program or where. And it does not say that all the time. In my list of saved files, all have the suffix .indd. None of them seem to be locked, none of them have ,indk. Please help me find and open them'

Nothing has changed in the system that I know of since it worked just fine. I am using Windows 10. It is any .indd file on the computer whether it is single or in book form. It won't let me create a new file. Nothing opens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make a screen capture of "a framework of InDesign information"? I don't really know what that is. You can use the Insert Image button in the forum editor to attach it. Is this with files you created in the past, as well as new files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all reinstall your InDesign.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines