• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign not honoring global color settings?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated all of my programs to the newest release from the creative cloud, it seems that my color settings aren't being honored.

In photoshop I created a custom color settings file (adobe rgb/gracol).  In bridge I have selected and synchronized the color settings across all applications.

however, when I start new documents (in indesign) the working color space is defaulting to SWOP always.  photoshop and illustrator seem to be honoring the global color settings.

is there something broken with this update or do I need to apply them different due to the update?  indesign cc 2017 on windows 10

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop I created a custom color settings file (adobe rgb/gracol).  In bridge I have selected and synchronized the color settings across all applications.

Is the saved .cfs file showing in your InDesign Color Settings' Settings drop down list, or is it there and the Bridge sync isn't applying it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the drop down in indesign shows the correct color settings file chosen (with appropriate working spaces).  But creating a new document it seems to not be using the correct working space.  below are screenshots of both screens.

color settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac and can't get to 2017 at the moment, but it looks like a bug. If you save, close, and repoen the new doc do you get a warning —your preset has warnings checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing any warnings, but I feel like at some point I did receive some which made me investigate my documents and discover this.  Not sure how I saw those now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked CC2017 on OSX 10.10.5 and the color settings are working as expected here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay this seems to be working normally now, I think it started working when I applied different color settings and then back to my custom file.

before doing this the new documents created did not have the working color space as defined by the color settings. and yes I didn't expect changing the color settings to modify previously saved files.

thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you manually change the Color Settings' working spaces to something different like ProPhotoRGB and US Newsprint, and make a new document, are those profiles the assignments for the new doc when you open Assign Profiles...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which made me investigate my documents and discover this.

Just so we're on the same page—you do understand that changing the Color Settings' Working Spaces only affects future documents and wouldn't change an existing document's assigned profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been having this problem at my office too. We use Bridge to sync color settings, but it seems that updating InDesign has broken the synching. Here is the dialog in Bridge:

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 12.03.10 PM.png

...which appears correct in InDesign:

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 12.04.07 PM.png

...but if we create a new document, it uses the default settings. I've confirmed this by looking at the Assign Profiles dialog and by opening the document on another machine with the correct color settings.

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 12.02.17 PM.png

If I change the Color Settings from within InDesign, the problem is resolved:

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 12.05.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 12.04.53 PM.png

So sure, it's a workaround, but syncing is still broken by an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So sure, it's a workaround, but syncing is still broken by an update.

Have you tried resaving the .CSF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines