Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMAILPARAM - Attachment Lossing Names

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2008 Aug 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Currently, I'm using CF7. When I attached a PDF inside a CFMAIL, the filename within the email became "ATT411668.dat", instead of "FileName.PDF".

1) I've removed all the non-alphanumeric characters.
2) I've truncated the filename to only 49 characters.

Assume #docname#.PDF exists.

Do you know why? Please advise. Thanks.

Best regards,
Aumaz Jang
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This will happen at the recipient's end depending on the mail server/client they use ... you could send a pdf from your desktop to the same recipient and it will happen with that too.

It could be a security reflex that it changes the file to a non-binary format if it is not trusted or seems to be coming from a questionable source.

A number of the government servers seem to do that - no idea why, but renaming the file at the recipient's end generally allows it to open properly.

Nothing you do in your code is going to change that.

*** If you are storing the file on the server, you may want to include a line in the message that gives them a URL if the attachment can not be viewed properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation