• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save file because locked error message

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have found similar articles online, but none with a fix. I've tried unlocking the files, changing all permissions to read and write, duplicating the file, changing the name, but nothing. I'm trying to save projects and I keep getting this message:

Could not save “xyxyxyxy” because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamesb,

Could you please try the steps mentioned below: -

Quit Photoshop, then press Command + Option + Shift on cold-starting Photoshop. Get the keys down quickly enough and you'll be asked to confirm deletion of your current preferences.

Also, if you're having file format problems, ensure you haven't somehow tied in plug-ins provided by Adobe for a different (e.g., older) version of Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply Sahil. I tried what you said but unfortunately I'm still getting the same message when I try to save files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know where are you trying to save the file to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried saving to the desktop (which currently results as iCloud), as well as to my Macintosh HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey I appreciate your help. I was wondering if you have any ideas regarding this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines