Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export File from Lightroom

Engaged ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I exported files never pay attention on file size.

Now where I need to send the pictures they required Minimum 400x600 n 300kb maximum.

I thought if I setup as follow

File Settings

check mart for " Limit File Size to  300K"

Image Sizing

400x 600    Resolution showed  240 ( I need to change here?)

thank you for reading,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Don't worry about the resolution setting. The image will be 400 x 600 pixels regardless of whether that setting is 240, or 300, or 72, or whatever. If you are shooting with a typical digital SLR, your images will be in the 2:3 aspect ratio, which is what you are needing. Then, in the export dialog, just specify  the long edge dimension as 600 pixels or short edge as 400 pixels and export. You can evaluate the file size and decide if you want  to limit the size to 300 KB or reduce the quality unt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what's your problem or question?

The best way is to export a picture and look what you get.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make the pictures 400x600 and less than 300KB when I export from Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just exported an image  with the dimensions of 400 x 600 pixels,  quality set at 80, long edge 600 pixels. The file size was 190 kB. That really isn't a very big image. And you shouldn't have any trouble exporting to meet the criteria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

You can ignore the resolution value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry about the resolution setting. The image will be 400 x 600 pixels regardless of whether that setting is 240, or 300, or 72, or whatever. If you are shooting with a typical digital SLR, your images will be in the 2:3 aspect ratio, which is what you are needing. Then, in the export dialog, just specify  the long edge dimension as 600 pixels or short edge as 400 pixels and export. You can evaluate the file size and decide if you want  to limit the size to 300 KB or reduce the quality until you get what you want. Just keep exporting until your exported image makes the specifications. When you are satisfied that it does then you can create a preset with those settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I ask for help here, I was so frustrated to find the my mistake so I usually forgot mentioned my QUESTIONS.

Axel Matt has right to ask me

And what's your problem or question?

But you understand and tell me like you were sitting n working with me right next to.

thank you for your patient and sharing your knowledge.

Have a best weekend,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you can help me with this question.

After I Export images, image showed 38.0kb from Image Properties  but when I check with Photoshop 615K.

why ????

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer here is based on how the two programs you JPEG data. The file property shows the actual compressed JPEG image, in this case 38 KB. But when this image is open in Photoshop, Photoshop decompresses the JPEG increasing the file size to 615 KB. This is normal to see such a large change between the compressed JPEG and the uncompressed data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines