Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New created font size

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just created a new font set from pixel images using Photoshop and a software named Fontself, the font file itself is 26Mb which is pretty big although I can perfectly work with it using PS and Illustrator, but it completely crashes in After Effects and Premiere. Although im working on creating a new set using vector paths in illustrator my question basically is, is there a limit on the size of a font file that can be used in After Effects or Premiere? I noticed all my other fonts are around 4,5 or 6MB files, mine with 26mb makes a difference. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

hi and thanks for sharing. indeed seems the best way is to create vector shapes in illustrator. I reached out to the company and that was the suggestion although that did mention "customs fonts can be problematic"

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying AE crashes on launch or just when you try to choose that font for a text layer?

What if you use it for the font using the obsolete text effect on a solid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom fonts are often problematic in AE. It has been that way for a long time. I would set my type in Illustrator then convert to outlines. N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi and thanks for sharing. indeed seems the best way is to create vector shapes in illustrator. I reached out to the company and that was the suggestion although that did mention "customs fonts can be problematic"

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just went I try to use the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines