• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Artifacts -- can you tell me where/what?

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BrownWetLeaf7.ChelseaQC.D101105.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole image at 100% zoom looks really badly pixelated. Almost as if it was enlarged digitally.

I mean, the whole thing looks bad, but I've circled a particularly bad spot.

ApplicationFrameHost_2017-03-03_12-18-17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. At 100% zoom, it doesn't look at all pixelated to me (what are you using to zoom in? your version does indeed look terrible) and the version I uploaded certainly wasn't digitally enlarged. You have circled light reflections in the water droplet. I don't see it, but I'll just shrug my shoulders and move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what it is reflecting, but the over-sharpening is very apparent in that spot.

I just viewed it at 100% size in the browser window and in Photoshop. Let me try to demonstrate a better example that's actually pixelly instead of just looking oversharpened.

wet leaf issue.png

What resolution/size is your monitor? It might be hiding these issues from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My display is 1920x1200. So do you think it's oversharpened or just that the contrast between the blown-out highlights in the water is too much for the display to handle, especially when sharpened? I could go back to the RAW file and reprocess with slightly less sharpening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure. I mean, it looks really pixelated and steppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines