• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere elements 14, mac os x operating system: external USB microphone not detected

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello from germany,

for better speech recordings than using the internal microphone of my imac i purchased an external microphone (producer/type:  recording tools / mcu-01c).

this microphone is detected within the system-settings of the operating system  mac os x sierra.   but trying to use it within premiere elements 14  it isn't detected there. when trying to record a speech comment there is only offered  "internal micro 1 /internal micro 2".

so i made a  test and downloaded a simple audio recorder app and it was possible to record voice comments with that new  USB micro.

i restarted my iMac without success - PE 14 does not detect that microphone for inputs.

anybody some ideas for me?

thx in advance   and have a nice weekend,

dpvl

03-03-2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

additional comment:

-------------------------

"PE 14 does not detect that external mico"  means:

it isn't listed within the preferences of  PE 14  / audio / audio hardware -  only the "internal micro 1 / micro 2".

of course that external microphone isn't also  listed  in the dropdown-menu of the  tool "speech comment"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your other Mac programs access this microphone?

Have you re-installed Premiere Elements 14 since upgrading to Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve,

two different apps work successfuly with that external micro..

no, i didn't reinstall PE 14  but it's a good idea to do.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines