• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Serial Number/Product Key

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having to reinstall InDesign5 because of putting a new hard drive in my computer -- I bought it a few years ago in the box and have the disks-- but I lost the box and no longer have the product key/serial number. I actually still have all the files from the previous installation. Is there any way I can find that number embedded somewhere in the files? I know it is something you can actually pull up when you are using the product and I was just too stupid to write it down earlier. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Do you mean InDesign 5 (also knows as InDesign CS3 released in 2007) or InDesign CS5 (also known as InDesign 7 released in 2010)? And similarly, in terms of your upgrade question, do you mean InDesign 3 (also known as InDesign CS released in 2003) or InDesign CS3 (also known as InDesign 5 released in 2007)? Clear as mud?

The bad news is that unless you registered the software with Adobe or the vendor you licensed the software maintained a copy of your serial number for you, there is not much that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you register the software? Do you have proof of purchase?

If the answer is yes to either, contact Adobe support directly. Nobody here can help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have proof of purchase but apparently did not register it. Two hours

of waiting and then online chat with Adobe didn't help. I have tried to

contact the seller (Techsoup)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a copy of InDesign 3 (with serial number) if there is a way I can do it as an upgrade to that product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean InDesign 5 (also knows as InDesign CS3 released in 2007) or InDesign CS5 (also known as InDesign 7 released in 2010)? And similarly, in terms of your upgrade question, do you mean InDesign 3 (also known as InDesign CS released in 2003) or InDesign CS3 (also known as InDesign 5 released in 2007)? Clear as mud?

The bad news is that unless you registered the software with Adobe or the vendor you licensed the software maintained a copy of your serial number for you, there is not much that anyone can do to assist you.

Upgrades from InDesign 3 to InDesign 5 (or InDesign CS3 to InDesign CS5) are no longer being sold by Adobe or any authorized Adobe reseller. Sorry!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean CS3 (which I had as the whole suite) and InDesign CS5, which I got without the whole suite. sorry to be sloppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines