• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliminating 'dead space' from a responsive Muse site.

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When resizing between breakpoints in Muse, large gaps in my content appear as objects rescale. See attached pictures with annotations in red.

Thank you.

Mike.

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 18.59.27.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-26 at 18.59.54.png Is there anyway to prevent this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Yes, it can be prevented. Reason is, that you have differently scaling elements, and Muse can’t know, which element should push which other element down.

That is, what you can do:

• Make sure, that your elements don’t overlap.

• Group the elements, which are expected to influence each other.

• Use transparent placeholder rectangle to force the correct behaviour.

If you don’t succed, do the following: Create a new site with only one page and  only the elements, shown in your screenshot above. Upload t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it can be prevented. Reason is, that you have differently scaling elements, and Muse can’t know, which element should push which other element down.

That is, what you can do:

• Make sure, that your elements don’t overlap.

• Group the elements, which are expected to influence each other.

• Use transparent placeholder rectangle to force the correct behaviour.

If you don’t succed, do the following: Create a new site with only one page and  only the elements, shown in your screenshot above. Upload this .muse(!) file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter,

Thank you for your response. I've taken care of 1 and 2 already, but in terms of using a "transparent placeholder rectangle" - do you mean place it under the differently scaling objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most simple way to solve this issue: Create a small(!) .muse file showing your issue or reduce an existing site to only one typical page, containing a few elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is helpful, because it saves download- and analysing-time).

Upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - here's the page: Dropbox - TEST-SITE.muse

Not sure what's considered a small .muse file, but this is 53 MB - not sure why, as I've optimized everything.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t test the site, because the "Hover Reveal" widgets are reacting erratically, showing only question marks. I think, these widgets are not responsive and cause the problems: Move the scrubber slowly to the left and you’ll notice, that the portrait images are "bleeding" out of the breakpoint width.

Just delete these widgets and test again …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - so I've deleted that widget and gone another route. Seems to be better now.

But! Here's a related question. When scaling objects or widgets (i.e. between breakpoints), I was getting a lot of 'dead space' at the bottom of the page. I reduced the minimum page height to some arbitrary small number (i.e. smaller than the actual required page height) and the 'dead space' has disappeared. This leads me to my question. Should the minimum page height be less than or equal to smallest page size within each breakpoint (i.e. page size just before moving to a smaller breakpoint)? Hopefully that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have no objects in the "body" (between header and footer) of your master page, is is a good idea, to choose your page height as minimal as necessary. The page height reacts dynamically and grows, if you add objects on your layout page above the footer area. Doing it this way, you avoid an unnecessary blank area between content and footer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have sort of the same problem with my sites. When i preview (or publish the site) i get a white dead space in bottom between footer and page content. But as soon as i resize the browser a pixel up or down the white space dissapears. How do i solve it. www.holymolysthlm.se/falk.html check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As already mentioned in  this thread:

"Create a new site with only one page and  only the misbehaving elements. (Please take this advice, to eliminate all unnecessary pages and elements very serious.) Upload this .muse(!) file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look."

Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines