• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf linking problem

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project which has several job aids in pdf format. When clicking on the TOC, we have a message appearing, 'please wait for the job aid to load..'. This has been successfuly for 20 or 30 job aids. I created a new topic, then copied the 'true code' from an existing topic and pasted it in. I then changed the pdf url to get the correct file and I also updated the htm file name. I cannot get the job aid to load.

Suggestions welcome. Oh, we are using RH 5X

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 28, 2008 Aug 28, 2008
Thanks guys. I did realize that there was a space in the pdf file name that was not in the code above. I was still having problems, so I started from scratch. I removed the topic and baggage file, then compiled my project. I made sure the htm file was gone too. I then created a new topic, added the baggage file and copied the code from an existing topic, changing the link information and redirect info. (I thought I had done this before, except for the compiling). Once I re-compiled, voila!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

Code looks pretty straightforward. Are you certain that you have the file Data_Entry_Overview.pdf in the same location as the redirect page?

Perhaps you need to add the file to baggage?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the topic meant to display for a while and then disappear as the PDF opens? Doesn't that mean the refresh value needs a time setting? It is zero at the moment.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Peter, "0" means zero delay in displaying it, not zero time being displayed.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking a 5 second delay in displaying the target of the redirect would leave the page with the redirect visible, but of course it will do that before it starts to load the PDF page so no advantage. The requirement is, I believe, that this page stays visible while the redirect loads. Doh!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2008 Aug 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks guys. I did realize that there was a space in the pdf file name that was not in the code above. I was still having problems, so I started from scratch. I removed the topic and baggage file, then compiled my project. I made sure the htm file was gone too. I then created a new topic, added the baggage file and copied the code from an existing topic, changing the link information and redirect info. (I thought I had done this before, except for the compiling). Once I re-compiled, voila!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp