• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to go to the next screen at 100% view with Keyboard

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR I can go to the top left part of my photo in 100% with fn-left arrow on my Macbook pro. Then I can move to the next sreen in my photo with shift-fn-down arrow.

In Photoshop I can go to the top left part the same way, but I have no clue how to go to the next screen.

I need that to precisely go through the whole photo to see if everything is good.

Has anyone an idea how to do that in PS?

[Moving from the Lounge to a product-specific, support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

I think I got the MBP side figured out, but it's not as elegant as  Lr.

Fn + Cmd Up or Down to move sideways.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Page Up / Page Down to go up and down

Use Ctrl(Cmd Mac) Page Up / Ctrl(Cmd Mac) Page Down to go left/right

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I wish that were true.  On my Macbook Pro (2015) there are no Page Down and Up.  I have arrows but that is not the same as Page Up or Down.

Laurens                                                                                                  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you are talking about, I have a Macbook Pro and instead of Page Up/Page Down, we use the Fn up Arrow and Down Arrow.

So I see in Lr Fn +Down Arrow moves to the next screen over, but in Ps, the same Fn Down Arrow is a dead stop to the bottom.

Even plugging in an external Apple keyboard does not work.

I might ask in Photoshop Family and in Photoshop Scripting to see if there is a workaround.

it would be a good thing to have.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Photoshop Scripting

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got the MBP side figured out, but it's not as elegant as  Lr.

Fn + Cmd Up or Down to move sideways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys for your comments.

The Fn-Command-down arrow is what I was looking for to scroll from left to right.

Then I do Fn-Down arrow to go one step lower and use Fn-Command-Up arrow to go to the next screen left. Etc.

Laurens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually the idea of moving screen by screen at 100% is new to me and was not covered in a chapter on scrolling and panning images that I just finished.

I didn't even know about the Fn + arrow key combination on my Macbook.

Thanks Laurens. Your question taught me something.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

So I see in Lr Fn +Down Arrow moves to the next screen over, but in Ps, the same Fn Down Arrow is a dead stop to the bottom.

On non-extended Mac keyboards, Fn + Down Arrow is the equivalent of the End key on an extended keyboard. In both Photoshop and Lightroom, the End key should go straight to the bottom right corner of the image. Fn + Up Arrow is the equivalent of the Home key.

So:

• Home goes to top left (the start or "home" when 2D scrolling)
  • End goes to bottom right (the "end" when 2D scrolling).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking both my White Macbook and MBP:

Fn + Left Arrow is top left or Home and Fn + Right Arrow is bottom right or End with the non-extended keyboard.

You might have a differently mapped keyboard and that's how it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, you're right. I screwed up.

On all Mac (US English, anyway) keyboards, it should be this way in OS X/macOS for all applications:

Fn + Left Arrow = Home

Fn + Right Arrow = End

Fn + Up Arrow = Page Up

Fn + Down Arrow = Page Down

But I'm still puzzled by when you wrote that "Fn Down Arrow is a dead stop to the bottom" in Photoshop. If you haven't already scrolled all the way to the bottom, that should have scrolled one screen down, because it should have only been a Page Down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To better illustrate, this red box is a proxy of a screen or page. In Lightroom, pressing Fn + down causes the screen to go to the next row and to the top of the image. Repeat and eventually it winds up at the End. In Photoshop, it doesn't, it dead ends. In other words when examining an image at 100%, Fn + down  works more smoothly in Lr.

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 8.59.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 9.00.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the Shift key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines