• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator import problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import an illustrator file (with multiple layers) into after effects it treats each layer like an image sequence. My other illustrator files come in just fine and I'm not sure why this one did this. See this image:

Image Sequence.jpeg

Any idea on how to get the layers to import normal?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

I'll bet that the import as a sequence option was selected.

If that is not the problem then make sure that AE and AI are both up do date. If that does not fix the problem then we need to know version, os, and file details down to the last decimal point. I have not heard any other reports of this kind of bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be a bug. I have spent the last 30 minutes trying different combinations to import the file such as messing with the "import kind" and "dimensions". The whole time I have been right clicking on my bin and selecting Import in the drop-down menu. Once I just dragged the illustrator file into the bin it then worked. Problem solved for today...but what happens when I back up the files and need to reconnect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll bet that the import as a sequence option was selected.

If that is not the problem then make sure that AE and AI are both up do date. If that does not fix the problem then we need to know version, os, and file details down to the last decimal point. I have not heard any other reports of this kind of bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, thanks!

Savvy Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines