Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can import PNG files, but can't see them properly in AE CC 2017

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought After Effects CC 2017 and when I want to import PNG files, I can do it, but it's just a totally transparent picture. The same pictures used to be correctly seen when I used AE CC 14. It seems like I have to pick an option or something to make it visible, but I don't know what.

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not seen any reports of this specific problem.

Check the interpretation of the footage by going to File>Interpret Footage>Main and compare them both in the different versions of AE. Check the color space. Open the image in Photoshop and check the channels. If that does not reveal the problem then try converting one of the images to a PSD in Photo shop and see if that file works. If it does then save the .psd as a .png using the default save for web setting and see if that works. If it does then the problem is in the way the .png's were created. If it doesn't, please post one of the images so we can try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines