• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import PSE15 catalog to Lr 2015.8. Import stops without error message.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved my PSE9 catalog from PC to Mac by installing PSE15 (trial version) on the Mac and recovering the backup I made from PC on an external drive.

So far so good. The catalog works fully OK om Mac with PSE15 after PSE have converted it to a PSE15 catalog.

My goal is to use Lr CC that I have installed on my Mac. That installation works fine with images imported directly to the Mac.

But when I use the "Import a Photoshop Elements catalog..." in Lr, that doesn't work.

Lr finds the PSE15 catalog and starts the import.

Then it stops in step 1 "preparing the catalog". Shows status 1.5%, jumps to 8.2% and then the dialogue box just disappears. And no import was done.

The PSE15 catalog is on the Mac HD in a folder in pictures. And obviously the PSE15 catalog is found by Lr.

Mac OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6

MacBook Pro Retina 13", early 2015

2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

8/256 G

Please advise!

Additional information: I have tried the solution in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2156447 with no success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

I trialed many different things with PSE15 catalog and finally got my Main catalog imported.

In PSE15 preferences under Media-Analysis I had automatic face recognition on. I opted out Face Recognition and then I did Reset Face Analysis that removed all face recognition data from my photos. After that I was able to import Main catalog to LR6.8

Not sure if problem really was related to exactly Face recognition but it could be also that it did some "fix" to catalog file and after that LR was able to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LasseD,

Please move the Photoshop Elements catalog to the desktop and then try to import in Lightroom and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for the tip,

But that did not help.

I moved all content of the folder (where the catalog was) to the desktop. And the result was the same as before.

Regards

LasseD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have PSE 9 catalog available, if yes then try importing the files from there in Lightroom.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for trying to help,

But the result is the same.

Note that I only have PSE15 version of the application installed on my Mac as that's the only version available for download. And I have PSE9 only for Windows.

Don't I need PSE9 application installed to be able to import a PSE9 version of the catalog?

If so -  is there a way to download that version for Mac somewhere?

Regards

LasseD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you do need to install the PSE 9 first, refer the download link: Download Photoshop Elements versions 9, 8, 7

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again Mohit,

I tried to install PE9 from the link you sent. But when opening the install file I got the message that the file was broken, so I could not open it. Is there some other way do get hold of the install file?

I also tried to install PE10, just for trying everything. That install went fine and I did a restore of my backed up catalog. And the restore did, as expected, automatically an upgrade of the catalog to PSE10.

But when trying to import that PSE10 catalog to Lr the result was the same as for PSE15 as i my original post.

Note that I've also tried to import the PSE9 versions of the catalog to Lr, but the result i the same as when trying to import the PSE10 and PSE15 versions. And, obviously, I don't have PSE9 application installed.

Can the problem be related to the fact that I'm using trial versions of PSE? (I have license for PSE9 on Windows, but not for Mac.)

Regards

LasseD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution with this yet.

I am also facing problem to import my main PSE15 catalog to LR6.8. Import just stops after 8.3% import.

Import works fine with one smaller PSE15 catalog but not with my Main catalog having most of pictures.

I have full version for both PSE15 and LR6.8

BR

Jouko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trialed many different things with PSE15 catalog and finally got my Main catalog imported.

In PSE15 preferences under Media-Analysis I had automatic face recognition on. I opted out Face Recognition and then I did Reset Face Analysis that removed all face recognition data from my photos. After that I was able to import Main catalog to LR6.8

Not sure if problem really was related to exactly Face recognition but it could be also that it did some "fix" to catalog file and after that LR was able to import it.

BR

Jouko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jouko,

Your solution worked also for me.

My PSE15 trial period have ended so I tried to do that setting in PSE10. But that didn't work (the button for Reset Face Analysis is not available there). So I downloaded PSE14 trial and upgraded PSE10 catalog to PSE14 version. Then I could opt out Face Recognition and Reset Face Analysis. Success!

Thanks again Jouko.

LasseD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines