Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects turn transparent on camera movement

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using After Effects for about 2 years now and I'm working on a flat animation project. After rendering a preview this started happening...

http://https://youtu.be/NbDXUh31V3E

Any kind of camera movement with the phone makes the holder beneath visible through the phone. I'm using a camera parented to a null object for the movement.

This didn't show up anytime in the past. I was hoping to contact Adobe directly about this issue however I couldn't find the correct contact for this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

I'm guessing that the layer that disappears is in the same z space as the layer below it and the sub pixel interpretation of the movement causes it to momentarily move behind the layer below. Try offsetting the position by 1 pixel so it is a little closer to the camera.

You could verify this by selecting the layer giving you problems and the layer just below it and then press the U key twice to reveal all modified keyframes. If both layers are in the same exact position then moving the layer that

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup -- try purging all memory and caches.  See if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that the layer that disappears is in the same z space as the layer below it and the sub pixel interpretation of the movement causes it to momentarily move behind the layer below. Try offsetting the position by 1 pixel so it is a little closer to the camera.

You could verify this by selecting the layer giving you problems and the layer just below it and then press the U key twice to reveal all modified keyframes. If both layers are in the same exact position then moving the layer that disappears one pixel in z (assuming a standard layout) and your problem should go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! The phone had conflicting Z points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines