Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC and Panasonic G80/G81/G85 issues

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody,

I started using my new Panasonic G80/G81/G85 with Lightroom CC last version but I stumbled upon 2 big issues (at least for me).

Issue #1: it is now impossible to create a custom profile using X-rite Color Checker Passport or other solutions:

Capture d’écran 2017-02-18 à 13.05.01.png

In French it simply says that creating the profile is impossible.

I tested again with other cameras (Panasonic G7, iPhone 7) with the same version of Lightroom: no problem profiles are created and work great.

Issue #2: Lightroom does not apply lens corrections anymore (m4/3 lens corrections are automatically applied in LR)

Panasonic G7

Capture d’écran 2017-02-18 à 13.27.05.png

In French it simply says that the integrated lens profile has been applied

Panasonic G80/G81/G85

Capture d’écran 2017-02-18 à 13.27.27.png

Nothing...

Based on these 2 issues it seems to me that something might be malfunctioning in the RAW engine for this particular camera.

Do other people experience the same issues for Panasonic G80/G81/G85?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

BR,

Arnauld.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Take a look at this post in the Photoshop Family forum and add any comments concerning your issues. Also add your vote!

Camera Raw/Lightroom: Lens profiles for Panasonic system | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnauld,

May I know which version of Lightroom are you using?

Please check this article to see if your camera is compatible with your version of Lightroom

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shahil,

I'm using the last version available:

Capture d’écran 2017-02-25 à 13.04.14.png

And it is compatible with my camera:

Capture d’écran 2017-02-25 à 13.06.04.png

Thanks.

BR,

Arnauld.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut Arnaud j'ai le même problème... tu a trouver une solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Non pas de solution pour l'instant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alcdlm  wrote

I started using my new Panasonic G80/G81/G85 with Lightroom CC last version but I stumbled upon 2 big issues (at least for me).

Issue #1: it is now impossible to create a custom profile using X-rite Color Checker Passport or other solutions:

Capture d’écran 2017-02-18 à 13.05.01.png

In French it simply says that creating the profile is impossible.

It's also saying, " Must occupy at least 10% of the area of ​​the non-framed image." This would indicate the ColorChecker  is too small in the image file. Try reshooting the ColorChecker so that it fills at least 25% of the image frame.

alcdlm  wrote:

Issue #2: Lightroom does not apply lens corrections anymore (m4/3 lens corrections are automatically applied in LR)

Panasonic G7

Capture d’écran 2017-02-18 à 13.27.05.png

In French it simply says that the integrated lens profile has been applied

Panasonic G80/G81/G85

Capture d’écran 2017-02-18 à 13.27.27.png

Nothing...

What make & model lens are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trshaner,

I finally managed to create a custom profile using X-rite Color Checker Passport with the same picture but I had first to convert it to a .DNG file. It feels more like a workaround than a real solution to me as I do not have to do it for other cameras.

I'm using a Panasonic G8 (G80/G81/G85) camera paired with the following lenses:

• Panasonic 42.5 mm f/1.7
  • Panasonic 25 mm f/1.7
  • Panasonic 14-140 mm f/3.5-5.6
  • Olympus 60 mm f/2.8
  • Olympus 75 mm f/1.8

Thanks.

BR,

Arnauld.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alcdlm  wrote

I finally managed to create a custom profile using X-rite Color Checker Passport with the same picture but I had first to convert it to a .DNG file. It feels more like a workaround than a real solution to me as I do not have to do it for other cameras.

You can try downloading the ColorChecker Plugin and re-install it to see if that fixes the issue:

ColorChecker Passport Adobe® Lightroom® Plug-In N/A

If not, there may be some incompatibility with the Panasonic raw files and CCPP plugin. It should convert the raw file automatically to DNG format and create the CCPP camera profile. Perhaps a firmware update may fix this issue AND the lens profile issue.

alcdlm  wrote

I'm using a Panasonic G8 (G80/G81/G85) camera paired with the following lenses:

• Panasonic 42.5 mm f/1.7
  • Panasonic 25 mm f/1.7
  • Panasonic 14-140 mm f/3.5-5.6
  • Olympus 60 mm f/2.8
  • Olympus 75 mm f/1.8

Take a look at the Panasonic Camera and Lens Firmware Updates available below:

Compatibilities of DMC-G80/G81/G85 with other manufactures' products. Below diagrams do not guarantee complete performance. For each camera's available functions, please read the Operating Instruction Manual bundled with each camera body. Your camera body firmware and lens firmware are recommended to be updated to the latest available version.

Compatibilities of DMC-G80/G81/G85 | Compatibility | Digital Camera | Digital AV | Consumer Products...

Firmware updates for Panasonic camera body and lens

Joint update service for Four Thirds body and lenses | Download | Digital Camera | Digital AV | Cons...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you trshaner.

For the profile creation I think indeed there is some sort of incompatibility with Panasonic G8 RAW files for the time being.

And I think the same problem is occurring with the lenses recognition.

Both camera and lenses have the latest firmwares available but anyway even the lens bundled with the camera is not recognized by Lightroom engine to automatically apply the integrated profile.

We might need to wait a Lightroom update to fix the problem.

BR,

Arnauld.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this post in the Photoshop Family forum and add any comments concerning your issues. Also add your vote!

Camera Raw/Lightroom: Lens profiles for Panasonic system | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!

BR,

Arnauld.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

alcdlm  wrote

Done!

BR,

Arnauld.

Me too!

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines