• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why , in Library mode, would photos have lighter gray borders??

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would some photos in a folder, in Library view, have lighter gray borders to them? What does that signify and how do I change it? 1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

In Lightroom's Preferences, there is a setting to stack edited photos with the original automatically:

2017-03-04_14-23-17.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer, the darker gray borders indicate images that are placed in a group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change that?  I only have folders....I haven't any collections either--or else I made one by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a function of folders or collections; it shows photos that are stacked.  You do have stacks.  In the upper left corner of the first photo is the number 2, indicating that there are 2 photos in that stack or group.  If you don't want to see the different colors, then unstack these photos.  Alternatively, you can try collapsing all stacks by going to Photos>stacking>Collapse all stacks.  The collapsed stack will only show the top photo in the stack and it's background border should be lighter gray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not specifically create the stack, I am guessing that in the first stack, the bottom photo (Second photo in your grid view) is the original Raw file and the top photo (First one in your grid) was edited in an external application such as Photoshop and is a psd or tif file and was saved back into Lightroom and was stacked with the original. 

Why do these colors bother you?  They are there for the purpose of giving you more info about these images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! That fixed it.

I just happened to notice it and thought it was odd. Last night when I was editing, the photo I was editing went blank, although I could still see the thumbnail in the navigator window. I had to shut down lightroom and start again. After that, I noticed the 'stacks' and didn't know if it was caused by what had happend!

Again, thanx for you help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Lightroom's Preferences, there is a setting to stack edited photos with the original automatically:

2017-03-04_14-23-17.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines