• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My interactive PDF loses functionality when published online...help?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried posting an interactive PDF online, but the fields lose interactivity. Is there an extra step I need to take?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Juniel,

OK, I got what you're doing. And everything about it is not correct.

First, the PDF that you created obviously does have fields and interactivity because you can interact on your computer.

If you were to take that PDF and upload it to your own web site, you could send people that link to view/download. And the interactivity would work (as well as the browser would let you).

HOWEVER, you're trying to use Adobe's Publish Online to host the Publish Online ID document as well as the PDF. Then, y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually referring to a PDF or Publish Online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the document below to be interactive. I designed it as an interactive PDF and it works when I export it to my computer.

https://adobeindd.com/view/publications/cdad84e2-f797-404a-a7af-ba72a0a2b84f/1/publication-web-resou...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is NOT a PDF. Publish online does not support form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

I'm confused. It doesn't seem like a PubOnline either. It feels like a PDF posted online.

But I'm confused as to how the item is posted to adobeindd.com. Is't that only Publish Online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee, I think it's the PDF link from the Publish Online document.

Juniel, no, please read my previous reply again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, hit send too soon.

The PDF that is uploaded with publish online is not interactive. You can upload an interactive PDF and add a button to download it from the publish online document.

That said, if it’s being used in a browser there is no assurance that it will work. Only support is with Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

I have to export the PDF as interactive first, then upload it to Publish Online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juniel,

OK, I got what you're doing. And everything about it is not correct.

First, the PDF that you created obviously does have fields and interactivity because you can interact on your computer.

If you were to take that PDF and upload it to your own web site, you could send people that link to view/download. And the interactivity would work (as well as the browser would let you).

HOWEVER, you're trying to use Adobe's Publish Online to host the Publish Online ID document as well as the PDF. Then, you've isolated the link for the PDF to have people read/download it.

That's your biggest mistake. The PDF created by Publish Online is not interactive. Not even a little bit.

So your only option is to get your own server with a link to download the actual interactive PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines