Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White balance off in some preview pics?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have recently noticed, that in LR some of the preview pics turn blueish, like their white balance was somehow off. When I select a photo, it sometimes changes the image in preview, sometimes not. Sometimes the preview pic turns to normal when I select the next photo.

Any idea why this could be?

Näyttökuva 2017-03-04 kello 18.13.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that this is a Color Management issue, if your monitor has not been profiled & calibrated, using a hardware device, then it is possible it can display the preview differently than the rendered raw file.

The preview file is in AdobeRGB color space and the rendered raw file is a variant of ProPhotoRGB so its possible for the monitor to have a difference.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for your comment.

I have calibrated my monitor using my Spyder 4 -calibrating device. And this has only occurred after the latest update of the LR CC, never had this issue before. But yes, I feel it could be something to do with the colour management...

I took a closer look at the issue and it seems this only happens when I am in Develop -module, not for instance in Library -module. I don't know if this helps anyone figure out what's going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library and Develop do use different internal working spaces, but images should still display identically.

When they don't, it's usually caused by a defective or incompatible monitor profile.

Version 4 icc profiles are incompatible with Lightroom - if you used version 4 for calibration, recalibrate, and set the calibration program to use version 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now that I think about it, this might have started around my previous calibration too...

But I don't know how the change the calibration version. I have made a question to Datacolor about that, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a Spyder, so I can't tell you where to find it, but the option should be available somewhere in the calibration process, or it might be a setting in preferences.

In Eizo's Color Navigator, it looks like this:

icc-version2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a setting in the spyder app's preferences. Change it before you calibrate. It defaults to v4 I believe but if I remember correctly from when I used that calibrator it really is a v2 profile in a v4 wrapper and it should work correctly either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I can't find any version change option in the preferences. I'll see what Datacolor answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But definitely the issue is with the color profile. I changed the profile from Mac's display settings and the issue disappeared. Too bad I couldn't find any other usable profile either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can temporarily set the monitor profile to sRGB (or Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor), which will be good enough until you find out how to calibrate with a version 2 profile.

See http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to calibrate my display again with Spyder 4 and by some miracle, the profile works again as usual! I don't know why though. Maybe it was LR's latest update or what, but after installing it and then re-calibrating the display the issue of "blueish" preview images is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines