Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with h1 tag

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm from Germany, so first of all excuse me for my partially bad english.

I have problems with the h1 tag in Muse. All other Paragraph styles are okay.

The typography of the h1 tag is always too big and furthermore it has a too short line spacing. But in the options and the design mode for the h1 paragraph style it says that it has 50pt, etc – as I want to have it. But when I preview or publish it, the h1 is way too big.

What can I do? Could you please help me?

Thank you in anticipation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

I think there is a deep misunderstanding of paragraph styles.

h1, h2 and so on are no styles but tags. Style your paragraphs whatever you like and assign a tag, that's it.

Just like this:

• Write your text.

• Style it however you want using the "Text" panel, and assign the h1 tag to a caption.

• Now place the cursor into this caption and create a new paragraph style by clicking onto the "sheet" icon at the bottom of the paragraph style panel.

• Now you can assign this new style to every paragraph you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not understand what is in your question. There are no preset styles or the default styles for the H1 and all other tags. You can configure it just like any other text. Choose any size, color, font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this is my problem: I can configure it with any size, color etc. but it won't be adapted in the preview/published website.

And if I delete the paragraph style, it will work.

But for the Search optimization I need the h1 tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9249e29c2f.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, it doesn't work anyway.

I change it from p to h1, but this happens.

With p (standard Paragraph style):

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-04 um 17.35.03.png

With this everything looks alright in preview (Safari):

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-04 um 17.35.53.png

But when I change it to h1:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-04 um 17.36.11.png

Then it looks totally wrong:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-04 um 17.36.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have enough understanding of English and German in order to fully understand that your problem.

Maybe Günter Heißenbüttel look in here and help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a deep misunderstanding of paragraph styles.

h1, h2 and so on are no styles but tags. Style your paragraphs whatever you like and assign a tag, that's it.

Just like this:

• Write your text.

• Style it however you want using the "Text" panel, and assign the h1 tag to a caption.

• Now place the cursor into this caption and create a new paragraph style by clicking onto the "sheet" icon at the bottom of the paragraph style panel.

• Now you can assign this new style to every paragraph you like and the p1 tag will be automatically assigned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, but as you can see with the attached images I applied the h1 tag. As Pavel Homeriki said.

But the appearance in the preview is different than in design mode when I add a h1 tag. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy this new text objects (and nothing but this(!) onto a new .muse file, upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here.

This will be much faster than playing endless question and answer games here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the new file and tested it but there it works! So it's no use if I would post it with a link.

But I cannot upload the real file (costumer). And the problem with it is that the error is also on another site...

I don't know what to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand! You post a screenshot and can't give us the file? As I told: not the complete file, only the "bad behaving" elements you already showed us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines