• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Snippets in RoboHelp 7

Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an imaged mapped graphic at the topic of my Overview and F1 topics like a button bar that provides links to specific topics. My manager often asks me to change the buttons in this graphic and because it is used in many topics, I was really looking forward to making it a snippet.

However, when I try to copy the image mapped graphic into the snippet page nothing happens. I can copy the graphic but Paste is not available in the Snippet for this type of graphic.

I tried copying the image into a table and copying the table into the Snippet. Still no good.

Any suggestions?disgust;

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008
resolved the problem by cleaning up html code that came into topics that were imported from Word. Used Peter Grainge's instructions. After blowing away cpd and regenerating hhp, the snippets no longer vanish. Have implemented procedure for removing extra code from imported Word docs to ensure that snippets are not affected in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select any image in a snippet, no matter how you get it there, and then select Insert | Image Map. You will see the options are greyed out.

Sorry but it would seem that image maps are not supported in snippets.

I suggest you request this feature.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
resolved the problem by cleaning up html code that came into topics that were imported from Word. Used Peter Grainge's instructions. After blowing away cpd and regenerating hhp, the snippets no longer vanish. Have implemented procedure for removing extra code from imported Word docs to ensure that snippets are not affected in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp