• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loosing image clarity when zooming 200% in photoshop.

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a trouble in photoshop for a couple of days.

When i open my photos in lightroom they are really clear and even if I zoom in to 200% my pictures are very clear and we don't any pixels in the screen.

But when in open the same image with photoshop, the image is not as clear as in lightroom and when i zoom in the image gets pixalized and the image is not clear. Even if i open pictures that in already edited, the pictures are pixelised, but when i open the pictures in the viewer, not in photoshop, they are correct. I am working with an Imac. Can you help me with that? I have photos to be finished and i can't even complete them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Here you have both apps at 300% display.

That means they should both display at the exact same size on-screen, pixel for pixel. But they don't, so they can't be the same pixel dimensions.

This image has been resampled somewhere on the way from Lightroom to Photoshop. You need to find out where.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots.

If you view an image in Photoshop at 200% 4 screen pixels represent 1 image pixel, so being able to perceive pixels seems utterly unsurprising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2017-03-04 à 12.45.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks completely as expected.

Please post a screenshot of one of the applications you think provide a better display at 200%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2017-03-04 à 12.45.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2017-03-04 à 12.54.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two examples can't possibly be the same pixel dimensions to begin with.

You have Photoshop at 200%, and Lightroom at 100%. And yet the Photoshop screenshot is about 1/3 the screen size, while it should have been twice the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

300%Capture d’écran 2017-03-04 à 13.10.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

300%Capture d’écran 2017-03-04 à 13.11.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both a 300% and the picture in Lightroom is closer than the picture in Photoshop. The one in photoshop is more pixalised while being not as close as the one in Lightroom. I called at Adobe and the guy said to me that he also see the same thing of me and he did noticed that this is clearer in Lightroom, at the same zoom percentage. I'm also working on my pictures at school and this one is clearer at school at the same percentage of zoom. I asked here because Adobe called me back and I missed the call and they are closed for the weekend. So, I tried to look here for answers, maybe I'll need to call them back on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so we are on the same page, go to Image > Image Size.

What is your image's height, width and resolution in pixels, please?  See screenshot for example.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you have both apps at 300% display.

That means they should both display at the exact same size on-screen, pixel for pixel. But they don't, so they can't be the same pixel dimensions.

This image has been resampled somewhere on the way from Lightroom to Photoshop. You need to find out where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, as has been pointed out already apparently the image opened in Photoshop has not been processed to use the full resolution of the RAW image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines