• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File already exists

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there guys, This is my first thread on this forum.

After a shoot late last night, today I tried to create a new catalog with the new photos to start working. When I try to create a new catalog, I receive a message that says the file already exists. It then asks me to change the name or the locale of the file. I tried changing the name and it doesn't work. I don't know what it means to change the place of the file.

Can someone help me out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

The name you are trying to use for the catalog, IE the Catalog name, already exists, IE there is already a catalog with that name in the folder, the Place, you are trying to save the new catalog to.

The location, Place, is the drive, folder and subfolder you are trying to save the new catalog to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name you are trying to use for the catalog, IE the Catalog name, already exists, IE there is already a catalog with that name in the folder, the Place, you are trying to save the new catalog to.

The location, Place, is the drive, folder and subfolder you are trying to save the new catalog to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the File Open dialog, you can navigate your hard drive to place the catalog anywhere you want it.

The ideal place is in a folder near the root of the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It then asks me to change the name or the locale of the file. I tried changing the name and it doesn't work.

What do you mean it doesn't work? What is the exact sequence of steps you followed? Describe in detail. Also tell us exactly what happened that leads you to say "it doesn't work". Describe in detail. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone, Just Shoot Me was on point with his advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines