• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to record a combination/series of 5-6 commands with a single key on my keyboard? Like a shortcut?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I have another interesting question: If I buy a mouse with 2 or more buttons, is it possible to program them for a specific function/shortcut in Adobe Lightroom CC or is it even possible to record a combination/series of 5-6 commands with a single click of a button?

Or alternatively, is it possible to record a combination/series of 5-6 commands with a single click of a button as a shortcut on my logitech keyboard? If so please share how? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Logitec G602 mouse.

The eight extra buttons can be programmed for a One-click command  (eg.  G  for the Lr Grid view)

Or it can be programmed for multiple key presses. (eg. G - Shift+Tab   for  grid view Full screen)

So shortcut actions will depend on the hardware you own.

Keyboard actions are difficult with Lightroom because many of the keyboard keys are already assigned, and you would need software to define multiple key shortcuts.

Victoria Bampton  (aka Lightroom Queen ) has run a forum thread on devices for this purpose-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-gadgets-speed-workflow/

such as the Contour Shuttle Pro-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/resources/contourshuttlepro/

ScreenShot145.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, for example, can I program 1 button of a mouse to the the following combinations of command in Lightroom: G-Grid, select the next >>>> 4 images, then press N for Survey mode. I mean in the process of selection. Can I do it with the Lower Class Logitech Mouses, such as: Logitech M720 Logitech M720 Triathlon Multi-Computer 

And Lightroom is so slow. I shoot with Nikon D810 big files and it is slow to go through my images. Do you think adobe will do anything about it to optimize the viewing of the photos, and make the process of selection faster?

Btw, I am familiar with the Contour ShuttlePro v2 introduced to me by Jared Platt. However, it is hard to find it since I live in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. And it is kind of expensive. Is it worth spending that amount of money?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My G602 can be programmed for a series of key presses ( eg.  G N >>>> )

But my brief look at the M720 (logitec support) suggests it will only accept one key press for a button action (with other 'built in' actions it has). That you can do on the keyboard. So- no, I do not think it will do what you want.

Slow Lightroom- (As another user)  I can only refer you to better advice, like- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/performance/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the less expensive mouse that could do multiple actions with 1 click of a button? I love the wireless option as well.

Can I do the same series of actions on my keyboard? I meant to program 1 key to do the following steps ( eg.  G N >>>> )?

Thanks for the tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

What is the less expensive mouse?

I am no expert on mice   But if you Goggle 'programmable mouse' you will get lots of info.

One interesting site was-

Use Those Extra Mouse Buttons to Increase Efficiency

Freeware "X-Mouse button control"  that can program almost any mouse that has the 'extra' buttons.

Keep searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines