• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to put images into photoshop but they end up distorted

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I googled for solutions and checked forums but cannot find anything...I'm trying to make a fitness flyer for a friend, but when I put pictures into it, the images become distorted and look awful. For example: http://imgur.com/a/azZEB

The thing is, the image is still there and looks fine when I export it, it's just impossible to work with in actual photoshop. I have tried updating and uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing so far has worked.

I'm really new to photoshop so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. I am using 2015.5 CC version, on a macbook pro on OS X 10.9.5. Any ideas on how to remedy this? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Something is wrong with the image you've uploaded, is this how you see it on your screen

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 4.11.04 PM.png

If so, then there is a Graphics Card issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > Open > select image from your computer.  Hit OK.

Repeat for other images in your project. 

Images opened this way will not be distorted.  If they seem distorted, move your Navigator's slider level to 100% or lower.   See screenshot.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of works...but I still cannot copy and past images without them becoming distorted. I can't keep on using Photoshop without being able to copy and paste. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the poster's height, width and PPI in pixels?

What is the height, width and PPI of your various images?

What method are you using to "copy & paste"?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used various poster sizes (all with the same problem), but this one was the standard U.S. Paper preset. Pixel size of images range anywhere from 620x620 to 1350x900.

Often I will just copy a photo from my web browser (tried in both CHrome and Safari) and paste it into Photoshop. I have also tried having two images open and pasting form one to another, same issue. To be honest, I'm beginning to think it is a GPU issue, as even when I open an image like you suggested above and go to move it even slightly with the move tool, it instantly becomes distorted. Even when I try to lock the image (without moving it at all) it becomes distorted, like in this image: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I really don't know what to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste from a browser is convenient but is bad working practice. Just don't do it. The results could be anything. You aren't copying the original file, but some browser's idea of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something is wrong with the image you've uploaded, is this how you see it on your screen

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 4.11.04 PM.png

If so, then there is a Graphics Card issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines