• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about batch processing (setting up an order for source files)

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have a question about the batch processing feature of the new photoshop.

I want to safe 100x different .psd files as 100 .jpg files. Their names should be kept starting from number 1 to 100.

This generally works with the stuff I've setup in this screenshot http://prntscr.com/efx45x (sry german version).

But ... Photoshop opens the source .psd files randomly. So it starts e.g. with psd number 40 and safes it as 1 and so on... I want to keep the exact numbers of the .psd files as the created .jpg file. Is there a possibility to tell PS to open the files in order according to filenames?

I would be very pleased if someone could offer me a solution for this.

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Forcing a specific order may require scripting, but you can start by using number padding with leading zeros to actually get correct numerical sorting. You may also want to disable saving in the background and such, so no new files are opened while the current one is still in use...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forcing a specific order may require scripting, but you can start by using number padding with leading zeros to actually get correct numerical sorting. You may also want to disable saving in the background and such, so no new files are opened while the current one is still in use...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines