• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

phonenumbers in interactive Pdf

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make phonenumbers interactive. 

After searching the net, i found the solution :

1.) mark phone number

2.) create hyperlink

3.) Choose Url

4) Type :   tel:+47********  (fill in phonenumber of course)

5) publish your interactive pdf

And then....it doens´t work.

Tried both with and without country prefix.

When i open the hyperlink it will just open the browser with : The URL can´t be shown

It seems to work for everybode else, so where do i go wrong ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017
But i see, even if it´s working for me in the end, it may not work for my readers later on. I guess i have to find a other solution.

That's the best comment in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're doing the right thing, but you can't test it on the desktop using PDF. (Or at least I wasn't able to.)

What I did, and it worked, was to export an interactive PDF to my Dropbox, and then on my iPhone, open the PDF through my Dropbox app and then click the link.

It dialed the number.

And thanks! I would have never expected a telephone link to work. And now I will test it in ebooks, FXL, and PubOnline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did open it on my phone, should have written it more spesific. But no links are working out. Thank´s anyhow. It seems at least it is working for everybody else, so a good sign of my doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened it how? Interactive PDF on mobile is a crapshoot. Lots of variables from mobile O/S to the actual reader being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opend the pdf link and clicked directly on the phone number on my phone (IOS).

Get two different errors.

"Not allowed to use restricted network port"  <--on numbers without country prefix

"URL cant be shown" <--on numbers with country prefix.

But i see, even if it´s working for me in the end, it may not work for my readers later on. I guess i have to find a other solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you open it on the phone?

Also, I discovered that it did work on my desktop, but it created an alert that I didn’t see that asked if I wanted to make that call. So the link did work.

Finally while the link showed up as a link for ePub, FXL, and PubOnline, they didn’t make or try to make a phone call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the best comment in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As interactive PDFs have a lot of limits on a mobile OS I would recommend making a link to a web page with the phone number. From there you can touch and talk with all browsers.

Don't expect everything from a PDF, they have limitations and are strictly page orientated files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines