• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help previewing video

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm using AE 2017, with a free trial because I need to work on a video for the school, but when I want to work, I play the video and it starts to slow and to fast alone, and it's really annoying, I can't work normally.

If you could help me please

Thanks

And sorry for my english

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

If you are new to AE, and if you are using the demo you are new and you only have seven days to get to know your new friend, please Start Here: Basic AE

After Effects must render all previews and that's a slow process dependent on the available system resources and the power of your machine. If you want to Edit AE is the wrong tool. After Effects is used for creating composites and animated graphics that you cannot create in a non linear editor. It is best suited to working on shots, barely usabl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you read up on how previews actually work in AE in the help files.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are new to AE, and if you are using the demo you are new and you only have seven days to get to know your new friend, please Start Here: Basic AE

After Effects must render all previews and that's a slow process dependent on the available system resources and the power of your machine. If you want to Edit AE is the wrong tool. After Effects is used for creating composites and animated graphics that you cannot create in a non linear editor. It is best suited to working on shots, barely usable as a tool to create short sequences, and completely unsuitable as a movie editing tool. More than 90% of my compositions are under 7 seconds long because most of the shots in the movies that I work on are under 7 seconds. Some of my under seven second shots have more than 100 layers because composites can get very complex, but the majority have 10 or less.

The search help field at the top right corner of the UI is your friend, and we can help you with specific problems if you give us workflow details and a detailed description that explains exactly what you are trying to do. Full UI screenshots of your project with the modified properties (select the layer and press the u key twice) of the problem layer revealed will be the most useful.

Good luck. Please come back to us if you have specific problems with your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines