• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another develop module disabled question.

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay first off, if you will reply with this answer: Lightroom doesn't launch or closes automatically after splash screen

Or with this answer:Lightroom 5.5 "Develop Module Disabled, please renew your membership"

Then I need more guidance because neither seems to apply to me. I run the latest IOS software and having searched and searched, I simply cannot find these files and do as the instructions state. I was trying to go on with customer support but was cut off yesterday, and like many I am busy so I am hoping someone has an answer. I'll try later if needs be.

I recently resubscribed to CC and when I sign in and use the desktop app, it allows me to download Lightroom and photoshop. I already completely removed everything and reinstalled it, but no luck. I try signing out and back in but again no luck. Photoshop goes through an endless cycle of wanting me to sign in, saying my subscription is confirmed and then making me sign in again and again. Lightroom does similar. I cannot get past the 'develop module disabled' screen there.

So my question is, on my Mac, where superficially do I find the files? I search on the finder for 'SLCache' and theres nothing. Its similar for other solutions discussed in the posts I linked to.

Any help is really helpful, I am beyond frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robertb,

There are two libraries on mac: -

~Library - User library

Library - System Library

Click Go > Go to folder then type Library

Once you are in the System library then try the steps mentioned below: -

NOTE: Perform this procedure two times, once each for the SLCache and the SLStore folders.

Mac: Use the Finder to navigate to

Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore

Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore.

Control-click the folder and choose Get Info. Expand the Sharing & Permissions section. Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator username and password when prompted, and then click OK. Set permissions: System: read/write Admin: read/write Everyone: read/write

Set permissions: System: read/write, Admin: read/write, Everyone: read/write.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After an hour with tech support who did this procedure on my computer, the problem remains evidently because I have slightly older software, even if it has been updated. Its very confusing. I will be getting with support again this week and see if there is a solution.

Its quite unfortunate because I never had any issues before until lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines