• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black and White

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have many photo's I have converted from different RGB sources to "Auto" B&W. Once printed, I'm assuming they will all look similar ie in terms of the same "Auto" B&W being applied to each photo, will this give the same result even though the files comes from diff RGB sources? For example, if I convert all the files to B&W regardless of source, will some look sepia and some have diff variations of B&W. I want them to all have the same variation so they look coherent, which I'm assuming is the whole point of "Auto" B&W?

If anyone could shed some light (pardon the pun) that would be marvellous!

Thanks

Bec

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Auto B&W just automates the way the colours and brightness levels in your image are converted to black and white. It will vary this by image.

However, no colour tint is applied (no sepia /blue grey etc) . So for all pixels the output will be grey i.e.  Red = Green = Blue  ). That will not vary by image.

How well your printer will print B&W , depends on the printer itself.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto B&W just automates the way the colours and brightness levels in your image are converted to black and white. It will vary this by image.

However, no colour tint is applied (no sepia /blue grey etc) . So for all pixels the output will be grey i.e.  Red = Green = Blue  ). That will not vary by image.

How well your printer will print B&W , depends on the printer itself.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave, I thought as much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines