• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC strange behavior: Toolbars/filmstrip disappear randomly

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for the last month or so.  Can't seem to figure out what's going on.  Previous to this problem, all modules were functioning properly, which is to display both left and right menus, as well filmstrip at the bottom and the top bar that shows the modules.  Since this problem began, when i switch modules, say from Library to develop, or Develop to Map (but can be any two modules), all toolbars show black. but the window with the currently selected photo or map, still displays in the middle.  Clicking in the black areas were toolbars or modules are usually displayed does nothing.  The only thing to do is to use keyboard shortcuts to go to a different module ("E" for Library, "D" for develop, or what ever module isn't the one that is effected by this window behavior).

Usually it will go something like, I'm working in develop module, then i will click on the Map module to add geolocation to photos, and everything around the outside of the map window will be black.  Then i either click "E" or "D" to get to a module where the toolbars are working and visible, then try clicking on the Map module button again to see if the toolbars display.  Sometimes they do, sometimes, sometimes that doesn't work and i try a keyboard shortcut to a different module.  Other times I have had to close Lightroom to get things to show up.  Usually when that happens, Lightroom closes immediately without asking to backup, which i have it set up to do each time.

I keep Lightoom updated all the time to the most current version.  I'm just at a loss as to what is causing this.  A bad installation, a catalog issue, I'm not sure.  Any help would be appreciated.  Below is an screenshot from a little bit ago when it happened.  Notice the from the sides of where the toolbars are supposed to be displayed, they are not minimized as indicated by the arrows.

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 3.11.36 PM.png

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

This bug has struck a number of people and has been acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Commun…  . The only known workaround is to roll back to 2015.6 -- see the official reply in that thread for details.  Please add your me-too vote and details of your configuration to the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It a Mac OS X thing. Restart LR. Delete the LR preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!  Does LR create a new one upon reopening?  Do all catalog and program preferences have to be readjusted afterward? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not have to delete the preferences, just restart Lightroom and see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried restarting both computer and LR many times over.  I did delete the preferences file and it worked switching between modules for about 15 min, then in the Library module i selected a number of photos and moved them to a different folder, the side menus went grey and I wasn't able to anything, switch modules.  I went to the menu and selected Quit LR, at which time the Backup Catalog window popped up for a fraction of a second, but Lightroom closed (crashed). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug has struck a number of people and has been acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...  . The only known workaround is to roll back to 2015.6 -- see the official reply in that thread for details.  Please add your me-too vote and details of your configuration to the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines