Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.8 and LR CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I just signed up for a trial of LR CC 2017.

When LR CC installed it seems to have taken over my LR 6.8 standalone, as it will now no longer run.

Is this normal or should I be able to run both of them?

Any help would be appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

You can't have both a Lightroom 6 installation and a Lightroom CC installation because there is only one program. As long as you're using the trial version of Lightroom CC, sign in with your Adobe ID and password, you will have Lightroom CC. If you decide you don't want to switch then you can sign out and then activate with your serial number, same program, no reinstall, no change, except that you will then be using Lightroom 6. Here are instructions telling you how to convert Lightroom CC back

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no LR 2017. LR CC is 2015.8

LR 6 and LR CC 2015 are the exact same program. Same download, same files get installed on your PC. It is how you Sign In that makes it one or the other.

Open the File manager for your OS and see if you have 2 listings of LR in either the Applications folder, Mac, or Program Files\Adobe, Windows.

Sign Out of LR and then restart your system. Open LR and sign in using the Adobe ID you used to buy and register LR 6. You should be asked to enter a serial number for LR 6 and if it is a upgrade serial number for LR 6 you will also be asked to enter a serial number for a previous version of LR.

Once you do that you should be back to using your bought copy of LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure  I understand. I looked in my finder under applications and I have only one Lightroom folder, with nothing in it other than my LR 6 program file.

I also looked  in another folder entitiled Adobe CC and there no LRCC file in there.

So i must be signed in with my Adobe ID which  gives me the running version of LR CC 2015 is that right?

And if I follow the steps you outlined then I would have two copies of LR one of LR 6 and One of LR CC 2015?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6 and LR CC 2015 are EXACTLY the same program. No difference in the downloaded and installed files.

Once you open LR Go to the Help menu and Sign Out. Close LR and restart your Mac. When you open LR it should ask you to Sign In and then Enter the serial number you got when you purchased LR 6.

Let me say this again.

LR 6 and LR CC 2015 are Exactly the same program. Same download is used for both, same files get installed on your computer.

The difference comes from what Adobe ID you use to sign in with.

Sign in with an Adobe ID that is associated with a subscription plan and it becomes the CC version.

Sign In with an Adobe ID that IS NOT associated with a subscription plan and it becomes the 6 version and asks for a serial number.

The only thing added to the CC version is newer features that can't by law be added to the stand alone version.

If you installed the Creative Cloud Desktop app open that and Sign Out from that and then Uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have one Adobe ID that I also signed up for the trial with.

If as you say all the files are the same, then my LR 6 file has now become my LR CC file as that is what I see in the top left of the program when it is running.

So if I sign up for CC after the trial is over (another 6 days) then I should be fine right?

Then if at a later date I decide to unsubscribe, I would just have to sign out and sign back and provide my serial #'s?

Hope I've got it now, again thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It is what Adobe ID you use that make one or the other. As I stated in another reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks to all for the informative posts. Really appreciated.

Now I have to post a new topic on why I keep getting a spinning ball when ever liightroom starts up with very very slow loading.

Again thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you have only one copy of the app installed.

LR 6 and LR CC 2015 are the same app, same install, same updates.

The difference is in the registration and licensing data. This is tied to the Adobe ID you signed in with.

If you want the ability to switch between the two licenses, you need to use two different Adobe IDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked if by chance there was 2 Lightroom install folders on your system because I ran into that in another post recently. That OP was updating one install and opening the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I only have one Lightroom folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have both a Lightroom 6 installation and a Lightroom CC installation because there is only one program. As long as you're using the trial version of Lightroom CC, sign in with your Adobe ID and password, you will have Lightroom CC. If you decide you don't want to switch then you can sign out and then activate with your serial number, same program, no reinstall, no change, except that you will then be using Lightroom 6. Here are instructions telling you how to convert Lightroom CC back to Lightroom 6:

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines