Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.tpl files not loading to photoshop sketch

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched Kyle T Websters' live stream last week - fabulous -

I am using sketch 4.1 - and am having trouble loading his brushes to sketch.

In photoshop CC you can not save .tpl to libraries only .abr.  So I used the CC app to manage assets added the tpl files which I can then see in sketch but they do not load. What am i missing? - thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Hi Annie.

The next version of Sketch (which will be available in a couple of weeks) will enable .tpl import.

Hang in there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can load tpl files into Sketch. I saw your reply on my original post but Sketch doesn't see brushes that are in your files. Unfortunately you have to convert to abr, which works better for some brushes than others. I've converted some of Kyle's Brushes and then synced them through Photoshop and its better than not using them at all. Hopefully Sketch will add the ability for tpl files in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie.

The next version of Sketch (which will be available in a couple of weeks) will enable .tpl import.

Hang in there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Montana.

In his livestream, where he's importing .tpl files into Sketch, Kyle is using a prerelease version of the app; that version will be available in about the middle of March.

Soon....

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the responses - I should have clarified that I was using the pre-release version - 4.1 - it was available through the live stream. I can see the tpl in my assets folder and choose them but they stall on load.  Looking forward to the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joanna.

My apologies for not even noticing that you were using the prerelease version (I'm not sure how I missed that). If you're still having trouble loading your assets can you email me through the in-app feedback (tap Settings then Send Feedback) so I can help figure out what's going on.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines