• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect login ID or password

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I am using a mac) I bought an E-Book from human kinetics for school. I downloaded Adobe Digitals Edits just like the instructions said. If I try to authorize the computer using my Adobe ID I get this error: Incorrect login ID or password for the selected eBook vendor. Please try again. I contacted adobe customer support and got to chat briefly with a person saying that they could not answer my question. So after many hours searching here I have tried a few things but nothing have worked.

1. I know my email and password are correct

2. My password does not contain any signs other than letters and numbers, which you have to have according to Adobe ID (tried to change it to see if that would work)

3. I get the same error both when I start the authorization when the program is opened, and when I try to open the book first.

4. I can not do the cmd + shift + D thing, because I have never authorized the app before and it is not even an option (tried that too)

5. I have tried uninstalling it and installing it again, and using another version of the program. I also tried using the app on my iPhone.

I really need help as the book is really expensive and I am going to use it when I am going to the university.

Note: moderated to remove personal information from the post, R. Neil Haugen

TOPICS
DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

I don't know if you read the questions here before you answer, but as I already have written: I have no umlaut or special characters in my password, only letters and numbers and a capital letter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a umlaut or special character in your Passwort? If yes change it to only numbers and letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you read the questions here before you answer, but as I already have written: I have no umlaut or special characters in my password, only letters and numbers and a capital letter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you mean with capital letter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious to learn WHAT worked for you... I tried changing my password so it contains no symbols, only a string of lowercase characters and numbers. But it doesn’t bring me any further, I still can't authorize ADE on my Mac even though the AdobeID & password are 100% correct.

To be honest, it is a quite embarrassing experience a serious company like Adobe is presenting to its law abiding customers (I can't open & read the ebooks I bought on my Mac).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem, but I was trying to log in to OverDrive instead of AdobeID.

I'll just paste the instructions the library sent me

"When you go to authorize computer, you should see some blue writing to the side of the Adobe ID box, which says ‘sign up for an Adobe ID’. Following the instructions will let you create a new Adobe ID which you can then use to attempt authorization."

"If this still does not work, try resetting your Adobe ID’s password."

I created a new Adobe ID and was able to log in with that and then open my DRM ebook just fine.

Overdrive users - turns out I didn't need to log in with Overdrive credentials at all (possibly because my Overdrive account has the same email address associated, I'm not sure - I logged in to overdrive.com to associate the email address, it previously just had my library card number and PIN)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the Two-step verification (TwoFactorAuthentication).

It helped me. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i was having trouble logging in too and after trying every suggestion I found online, I finally managed to find a solution that worked. As I was trying to authorize the device (my ipad) on ADE, I entered my email without problem but as soon as I tried to enter the password it immediately assumed "secure password" and wouldn't let me change it. As a result it showed "incorrect password". In desperation, I kept clicking on the space reserved for the password and eventually it showed the possibility of scanning the text. So I wrote down my password on my iPhone, scanned it so it appeared on that space, authorized it... and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines