Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install CS6 on new MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to install CS6 on my new Mac Book Pro.  It is saying, The serial number you entered is invalid.  Please try again.  If the problem persists, contact Customer Support.  Contacted the chat and they recommended starting a discussion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesigh CS6 is not supported by Adobe under El Capitan or Sierra - some  seem to get it to run others report issues. If you're a professional it may be better to consider taking out a subscription to InDesign CC2015/2017, especially as you now have a retina screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is working on my computer but it is in trial mode.  I need a revised serial number that is for a Mac platform in order to validate the software.  The CS6 on my PC has already been deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I know platform swap is not available for a discontinued product. When you swap platforms budget for buying all software again. Or in this case subscribing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m also under the impression that discontinued products (CS6 is no longer developed or sold) are not eligible for platform swap. And even if they are nobody here can help.

You’ll need to contact Adobe directly about this.

There is still some information about it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

I am requesting to have my serial number switched from a PC to a MAC.  Please assist me with this request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user help forum – contributors are volunteers. You need to contact Adobe regarding this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kealiiw33055267,

I find that you have issued a new  CS6 serial number for Design and Web Prem

It has still not been activated by you. Are you still facing the issue? Please let us know. I assume that you need technical help from our experts then.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines