• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing one project into another on PE 11

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a buch of short movies I am needing to copy into another project but I can not figure out how to do this.  I tried exporting the short clips and bringing them into the new movie like a normal video clip but this degrades the quality!  Anyone know how to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not degrade the quality of the clip of a) your project settings match your original video specs and b) your output is the same format as the input. At least not that you or anyone else would be able to see.

What model of camcorder is your original footage coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

What are your project settings, as listed under Project Settings/General under the Edit menu?

With that information, we can advise you the best output format selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage is coming from 3 cameras: Canon XA20 shooting in 1080p in mp4 format, Canon 70D 1080 mvi format and a go pro in 1080 mp4.

Project settings are the same on all movies which is:

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 6.38.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that 1080p footage the first clip on your timeline, on the Video 1 track? The program should have matched its settings to your footage. When the program matches your settings do your footage, you do NOT see a yellow-orange "render" line above the top of the timeline, above the footage. When you add that footage to a new project, do you see that render line?

RenderLine.jpg

I'm not sure why the program wouldn't match your footage. You do have Quicktime installed, per the program's system requirements, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first clip and all clips should be in 1080, and yes some of the clips do that the yellow render line above them but some do not and they are from the same camera.

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 5.55.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the help!  What do the orange render lines mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are MOVs. You said they were MP4s.

MOVs will likely require you to manually set up your project settings.

I show you how in the last part of Part 1 of my free 8 Part Basic Training tutorials.

*** Premiere Elements Basic Training***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you add effects to your movie, the program creates renders on your movie "on the fly" whenever you play your timeline. These can appear greatly degraded. Rendering your timeline (by pressing Enter so that this line turns green) creates a "hard render", a temp render of your timeline so that you can see the timeline in much higher quality.

As I've said, you'll get the best quality experience if you start with your project set up to match your video specs so that, until you add effects, you don't need to render at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines