• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduced file size after editing Raw files from LR to PS

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting Raw with a 5D Mark III , I do basic adjustments in Lightroom and then do final edits in Photoshop and save on jpeg . Final edit size jpeg

is reduced significantly when saved  even when maximum quality set to 12 , sometimes down to 1 - 2 MB ! Is one of my settings wrong ? What can I do to correct this problem

Im usinf Lr 5

HELP please !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

This is normal.  Jpeg files will always become smaller than the related raw files because there is a compression process that takes place by design in creating the jpeg file, yes even at maximum quality.  What is the size, in pixels, of you jpeg image?  If it is the same as the raw, you are doing nothing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal.  Jpeg files will always become smaller than the related raw files because there is a compression process that takes place by design in creating the jpeg file, yes even at maximum quality.  What is the size, in pixels, of you jpeg image?  If it is the same as the raw, you are doing nothing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martha,

Please ensure that the "Limit file size to" option is unchecked in the Export window.

If not so, Take a look at this discussion Lightroom export file size: why so small? How can I maximize image quality?  and try out the suggestions mentioned.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines