• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find extensions on disk

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac with PS CC 2017 with some extensions/plugins installed. I can go to window>extensions>[name] and the panels appear without any issues.

But I can't find them on disk. I've looked in the applications > PS CC 2017 > plug-ins folder, library>app support>adobe folder (the one outside the users folder), the users>me>library>prefs, and the users>me>library>app support>adobe folder (sorry for the not exact paths, I'm typing this from a PC). All I've managed to come up with is 2 from adobe themselves (the CC libraries and something else). I have about 5 plugins I installed a while back, and I have to change computers (long story, not optional). I would just re-download them, but one seems to have been removed from online entirely (naturally, it's the one I use most often and saves me the most time).

Is there somewhere else it could be? Most of the places I listed don't even have an extensions or plug-in's folder, even though websites I was reading were saying the plug-in should be there.

Is there somewhere else I can check? Is there a way to tell photoshop to just tell me where the code files live?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Try here: Since Libraries tend to be hidden to keep the illiterati from messing them up, use the Go > Go to Folder in the Finder menu.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.17.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually a good question, in as much as it is not easy to answer.    With third party extensions, I think it depends on the developer.  I just searched my boot drive for Paper Texture Pro' and got no hits, but add-ons like the Topaz filters appear under Program files (sorry, Windows 10).  A lot of the Extensions have files in App Data\Roaming as well as the .exe files in Program Files.

I'll give you the file locations link anyway

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try here: Since Libraries tend to be hidden to keep the illiterati from messing them up, use the Go > Go to Folder in the Finder menu.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.17.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's where all of them are at

(though also I was able to re-download the extension by using the wayback machine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines