• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running a .jsx in Premiere outside of ExtendScript

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out a way to run a script in Premiere outside of Extendscript?

I am trying to tie the file to a Keyboard Maestro or Applescript shortcut and it wont go through. I'm sure this is because Extendscript has its own processes to get it to link, but I'm wondering if anyone has developed a workaround?

If I figured out how to set up an HTML panel extension in premiere would a button even be able to run these scripts without extendscript?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

... we would like to stay away from needing team members to have Extendscript open.

Terminology distinction: ExtendScript is a language. ExtendScript Toolkit is Adobe's application for running and debugging ExtendScript.

Panels are the best platform from which to run PPro ExtendScript.

I downloaded eclipse...

Sorry! Friends don't make friends run Eclipse. Those directions are quite old....

Do you know of any good resources for getting panels up and running in current versions of Premiere?

Yes! Just

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The buttons in PProPanel, which are created and processed in JavaScript, use ExtendScript.

Are you hoping to avoid ExtendScript Toolkit, the separate application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Bruce. I am hoping to create a panel with a few buttons to run some simple scripts. This panel would need to be distributed throughout a small team, and we would like to stay away from needing team members to have Extendscript open.

I downloaded eclipse and have been trying to get panels to run in premiere, still have some figuring out to do, but wanted to make sure this idea would work before investing too much time into it. Do you know of any good resources for getting panels up and running in current versions of Premiere? Everything I am finding are for versions like CS5.5 or 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... we would like to stay away from needing team members to have Extendscript open.

Terminology distinction: ExtendScript is a language. ExtendScript Toolkit is Adobe's application for running and debugging ExtendScript.

Panels are the best platform from which to run PPro ExtendScript.

I downloaded eclipse...

Sorry! Friends don't make friends run Eclipse. Those directions are quite old....

Do you know of any good resources for getting panels up and running in current versions of Premiere?

Yes! Just work through the steps in the PProPanel readme:

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/master/PProPanel/ReadMe.md

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines