• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving files weird after updating to Lightroom CC 2015.8 ... Any shared experiences or fixes?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short:

• macOS Sierra Version 10.12.2
  • NEVER had any issues moving files in LR with previous LR versions, with current or previous OS's.
  • Just updated to LR CC 2015.8
  • I do same move actions as before and now EVERY TIME:
    • "From" folder persists - greyed out
    • The moved files show in the Library Grid View immediately - but along with what appears to be ALL my other images in all folders (>40k when I "control A')  
    • "NEW" folder location does not appear IN LR, but does show in Finder (with all the moved files)  Even when I use a networked PC using windows finder all the moved images are in the correct moved location at this point.
    • If I quit LR (but I choose not to backup the library) and then restart LR - immediately all the folders are now correct.  All the moved images are in their correct folder as moved.
    • It appears to me LR has lost track of ALL the image files before I quit, but somehow lurking in the background LR really knew where they all are all the time, since the quit and restart (magically) recovers everything correctly.
  • I am totally confounded.
  • Any one else seen this weird behaviour?  (I don't think it's my weird behaviour!)
  • Any fixes?
  • I am non technical, but very happy to supply more info to the best of my non technical capacity if asked.

Thanks very much

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Short version:

Adobe phone support installed an earlier version of LR.  No significant issues so far.  I can do everything I used to do before the new version of LR was installed, still using the same catalog that the new version was using producing faults enough to make work impracticable. (All versions old and new were using a networked NAS for the DNG file storage and no operating systems or anything else has been changed.)

I will give a bit more info in a week or so's time - I should have time

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Try creating a new catalog and add a few images to it and let us know if the problem still persists.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I accidentally activated a correct answer - I do NOT have a correct answer - my fault!

Hi Sahil

Appreciate your reply!

I sam unable to create a new catalog since the dialog box won't stay for me to complete the action.

This an other Lightroom issues never seen by me until my latest update are now appearing.

I am in communication with Adobe phone support.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Short version:

Adobe phone support installed an earlier version of LR.  No significant issues so far.  I can do everything I used to do before the new version of LR was installed, still using the same catalog that the new version was using producing faults enough to make work impracticable. (All versions old and new were using a networked NAS for the DNG file storage and no operating systems or anything else has been changed.)

I will give a bit more info in a week or so's time - I should have time to do this then.

Thanks again

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines