• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback wanted: Dell P2715Q monitor

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects team is tracking a problem related to using After Effects CC 2017 and earlier with the Dell P2715Q monitor. If you have this monitor, we would like more information from you.

The problem that we are tracking is that when the MST (Multi-Stream Transport) option is enabled on this monitor, playback of fully cached previews in After Effects are not able to achieve real-time.

When MST is disabled via the on-screen display menu on the monitor, the problem will go away and After Effects can achieve real-time playback of fully cached previews. To disable MST, open the monitor's on-screen display menu, go to the Display category, and set MST to Off.

If you have this monitor, we would like to know:

• Are you experiencing this problem?
  • Is MST enabled?
  • What specific version of After Effects are you using? (e.g, 14.1.057. Choose Help > About on Windows, or After Effects > About on macOS.)
  • What OS are you using?
  • What model of video card and drivers are installed?

Additionally, if you are experiencing this playback problem on any other monitor and disabling the MST feature resolves the problem, we would like to know the same details as above, and the model of your monitor.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have problems with my project rendering and playing back.

My MST is off

version 14.1.0.57

sierra 10.12.5

im working on a Mac pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating to 14.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I am also having problems with playback lag.

- I have the Dell P2715Q monitor with MST turned OFF.

- I am using the newest version of AE (14.2)

- Windows 10 Enterprise

- My specs:

- i7-6700k

- Geforce 1070

- 32 GB DDR4

I cannot figure out why my previews are all in slow motion and lagging terribly. I have the cache on my SSD, while my project is on my other HDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out my problem, it wasn't a hardware issue. On the preview setting, somehow I altered the "Skip" frames button to every 5. I changed that to zero.

Try that if you haven't. If that's not your issue, sorry but I'm not much help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment, but that's not my case. I have Skip at 0 already, it's just lagging beyond belief.

However, when I throw the clips in Premiere, boom, no lag. It is definitely an AE issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this lagging after the preview has already been cached (green line above your timeline) or just during the caching process (first play through)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First play is absolutely dreadful and it takes a bit to cache. Once it's been cached and the bar is green, the playback still randomly lags and everything goes into slow motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just have footage in your comp, it should be improved in the version of AE that you're using over old versions on its first play through, but it DEFINITELY should be playing back in real time once the timeline is cached! So your input is likely going to be useful to the Adobe folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever resolved? I'm having this issue on UP2716D monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonathanf60902346  wrote

Was this ever resolved? I'm having this issue on UP2716D monitor.

As far as I know, the MST option being turned off in your monitor should fix the problem. If it doesn't, you are likely experiencing a different (though no less frustrating) issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the MST option is already turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then your problem is likely unrelated to this thread. (I've responded to some of your other posts in the other threads with some ideas.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the Hardware Acceleration under the display setting set me straight, if anyone wants to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola,

I have a problem with my Dell P2715Q monitor which blink on and off, but on Indesign 2018. I turned off MST, but it was not a solution.

- Using a MacBook retina 13 inches. 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 8 GB. Graphics Intel Graphics 6100 1536 MB

- 2 monitors with the computer closed, Dell P2715Q and old Apple Cinema 21 pulgadas (on the Cinema screen the problem doesn't exist).

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines