• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storage issues?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I sound like an idiot for posting this; I know it's not the best tablet, but all I currently own/can afford is a Verizon Ellipsis 8 (my subscription to illustrator was a Christmas gift). I downloaded the Adobe Illustrator Draw app with no problems, and it ran perfectly fine for a bit. Now, I had maybe 2 drawings that had any kind of intricacies, then maybe 4-5 that had like, 8 lines. I deleted everything but one, and my storage didn't improve at all. So a few questions;

1) Is there a reason I wouldn't be getting back any space after deleting some projects?

2) How much Storage space is recommended for Draw/how much should a typical drawing take up? Some of the stuff on the app download page looks way more intricate than anything I've ever attempted.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Mike,

Definitely. The app takes up only 56mb on my iPhone. This hogging of storage does happen once in awhile (on both iOS and Android) and an uninstall/reinstall of the app usually resolves it. Have you tried that?

If you haven't tried it yet, before you do, make sure that any work you want to keep is synced to Creative Cloud. Log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and make sure all the work you want to keep is showing up there. Once you see that it is, go ahead uninstall.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I don't know the answers to your questions about how much space the app (or an average drawing) should take up on your device, so I've dropped a note to the product team.

I'll post as soon as I hear back from someone.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. It's an android device, and I'm sure it's far from the most optimal, but all the same, it seems odd that one drawing is taking up over 4 gigs of storage. Thank  you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Definitely. The app takes up only 56mb on my iPhone. This hogging of storage does happen once in awhile (on both iOS and Android) and an uninstall/reinstall of the app usually resolves it. Have you tried that?

If you haven't tried it yet, before you do, make sure that any work you want to keep is synced to Creative Cloud. Log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and make sure all the work you want to keep is showing up there. Once you see that it is, go ahead uninstall.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Trying it now. I'll let you know if there's any progress. It'll probably take a bit of time though, since I didn't run into any issues until I put some artwork on there (even though it wasn't much)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sue

Sorry to pop in on this already closed thread. Just to add that I am currently facing the same issues with storage. I use a newly purchased Samsung Galaxy tab S2 with 32GB storage plus a 64GB SD-card, so there would be plenty of space for Adobe draw PLUS the projects. However my very first project took up 31GB of storage (with only 6 layers and not too complex line work)!! I managed to transfer the project to AI on my desktop, uninstalled Adobe draw and reinstalled it. Now I am working on another project with currently 5 layers and only basic line drawing. But already this project is taking up again 500MB of storage. I don't have any other projects on my tablet. It scares me a bit to think that I have to uninstall and reinstall Adobe draw every time I work on just one single project. Do you have any solution so far for this issue (e.g. app update, etc.)?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Andreas.

You should definitely not have to uninstall/reinstall the app every time you work on a project. Then again, I've not ever heard of this being an ongoing issue. A couple of things you can try:

First sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and check that all your work is being synced. While you're there, also check the Archive folder, Adobe Creative Cloud; if there's work in there, go ahead and delete it. 

Also, try clearing the application cache on your device by going to Android settings and selecting Draw.

Then I would try reinstalling once more. If you have the same problem again, contact me through the in-app feedback so I can get really complete device information from you so I can ask the product engineers to take a look at the problem.

Let me know how things go.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines