Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when converting from Word to PDF

Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert my Word document to PDF Format the original is not what I find on the PDF. The whole document changes. This didn't happen before and I don't know how to resolve this. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rashidat84867213,

As mentioned, the whole document changes during conversion. Could you please confirm what changes you are referring to?

Is it related to the font and format?

Are you saving the word as PDF or using Acrobat plugin to create the PDF file?

Please share the workflow that you follow to convert Word Document to PDF.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha, Thank you for your reply.

I create my artwork on a Microsoft Word Document and before sending it to print create a PDF (as that's what my printer likes).

When I convert the word document using Acrobat Reader DC (which is installed on my computer), the converted PDF does not reflect the original design of the word document. It changes it. This didn't used to happen before.

It's a shame that I cannot attach the Word Document or the PDF to illustrate the example.

To ensure that I don't have any bugs on my computer I actually rang Microsoft and asked them to do a full sweep which they did on Tuesday. So I don't know why the PDF gets corrupted. Can you help resolve this?

Many thanks,

Rashida

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only thing you can attach directly are screenshots and video clips, anything else needs to be hosted somewhere else and then you need to provide a link to these hosted documents in a reply. You can use Dropbox or similar services. One option is Adobe's Document Cloud. A while ago, I wrote up a tutorial about using the Document Cloud to share documents: Share Documents via Adobe's Document Cloud - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines